These Lucky Charm treats are made just like Rice Krispie treats but with Lucky Charms! They are full of the goodness of lucky charm marshmallows and loaded with regular marshmallows. They make a perfect festive treat for St Patrick’s day or any other day.
How to make Lucky Charm treats
Lucky Charm treats are made just like Rice Krispie treats. They are super easy to make and all you need is four ingredients.
- Lucky Charms cereal
- mini marshmallows
Melt the marshmallows and butter in the microwave until completely melted. Stir in vanilla.
Add your lucky charms into the bowl and mix well until all cereal is completely coated with marshmallows.
Press the cereal and marshmallow mix into a 9×9 pan using wax paper to help it not stick to your hands.
Add extra marshmallows to the top of the treats and let them dry.
After the Lucky Charm treats have cooled, using a sharp knife cut them into even squares. Serve and enjoy!
Tips for making Lucky Charm treats
- Don’t forget to add extra marshmallows on top. Adding extra marshmallows on top gives these treats an extra sweetness and crunch.
- Use fresh cereal. Make sure your cereal is fresh for the best tasting treats. Using fresh cereal will also help them last longer.
- Use fresh marshmallows. Making sure to use fresh marshmallows also gives your Lucky Charm treats the best taste.
- Don’t overheat your marshmallows. Microwave the marshmallows and butter for 30 second increments until marshmallows are just melted.
- Line your baking dish with parchment paper. This will keep your treats from sticking to your dish. You can use binder clips to hold them to the dish if you need to. Check out this post to learn how.
- Keep them from sticking to your hands. See the tips below on how to prevent the marshmallow from sticking to your hands.
How do I keep them from sticking to my hands?
I found several tips around the internet for helping any kind of cereal treats using marshmallows from sticking to your hands.
- Put parchment paper over the cereal treats and press gently into the pan.
- Rub butter on to your hands before pressing them into your baking dish.
- Wet your hands with water and shake excess off the excess water. Gently press the cereal with your wet hands. I read this trick after I made these lucky charm treats so I didn’t use it, but people raved about this tip. Let me know if you try it and it works I’ll have to use it next time!
How do you store Lucky Charm treats?
You should store them in an airtight container in a cabinet or on the kitchen counter.
Do you need to refrigerate Lucky Charm treats?
You do not need to refrigerate lucky charm treats since they contain no refrigerated needed ingredients.
Can you freeze them?
I wouldn’t recommend freezing them. They are best when made and eaten fresh.
More Recipes You’ll Love
How to decorate St. Patricks Day Sugar Cookies
Easy Cut Out Sugar Cookies
Lucky Charm Treats
- 1 16 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 1 11.5 oz box Lucky Charm cereal
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray. Pick out about 1/2 cup of marshmallows from the cereal to add on top of your treats and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter and marshmallows for 30 senconds at a time until marshmallows are just melted.
- Add vanilla and stir until mixed.
- Add your Lucky Charm cereal to the melted marshmallows and stir until all the cereal is coated with the marshmallow mix.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, and gently press down evenly into the pan. Use one of my methods in the post to prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands. Add the extra Lucky Charm marshmallow to the top of your treats and press gently.
- Allow the treats to completely cool before cutting. After completely cool, cut with a sharp knife into squares.
Leave a Reply