These double caramel frosted brownies are made with a rich, fudge brownie and frosted with my sweet and salted caramel buttercream frosting. Then these frosted brownies get topped of with a homemade caramel sauce and chocolate chips.
Double Caramel Frosted Brownies
Y’all! These caramel frosted brownies are amazing! They are made with my hands down favorite brownie recipe, topped with my favorite caramel buttercream frosting and then drizzled with salted caramel sauce! Why wouldn’t they being amazing?? The brownie is a soft, chewy and fudgy brownie and they’re quickly whipped up in a one bowl. The caramel buttercream frosting is made like any other buttercream frosting, but with a heavy dose of caramel sauce. The salted caramel sauce is my homemade version. Don’t be afraid to try it! It’s easy to make and I have the recipe for you here! Chocolate chips are sprinkled on top because, well, chocolate should be sprinkled on top of everything in my opinion!
How to Make Caramel Frosted Brownies
First you’ll start with the brownies. These are super easy to make. You’ll only need to use one bowl.
- Melt the butter and mix in sugars.
- Stir in vanilla and eggs. Then stir in flour.
- After the brownies are cool, you can add your caramel buttercream.
Caramel Buttercream Frosting
- Salted Butter
- Homemade caramel sauce
- Confectioners sugar
- Milk or half and half
- Beat butter in mixer.
- Slowly add caramel sauce and then confectioners sugar.
- Add ½ tbsp of half and half or milk until your buttercream is at a spreadable consistency.
- Spread generously on top of brownies.
Salted caramel sauce.
For this recipe I used my homemade caramel sauce. Don’t be afraid to try it if you’ve never made your own caramel sauce before. Head over to the blog post and I’ll show you how to whip it up in no time.
After making your caramel sauce and letting it cool, drizzle over brownies, top with chocolate chips and enjoy!
How to store frosted brownies.
To store these brownies or any other frosted brownies, store in an air tight container. They do not need to be refrigerated and will last in an air tight container for several days.
More recipes you’ll love:
Caramel Frosted Brownies
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips for sprinkling on top of frosted brownies
Caramel Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup room temperature salted butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2-3/4 cup homemade caramel sauce
- 1-2 tbsp half and half or milk
Homemade Caramel Sauce
- 1/4-1/2 cup homemade caramel sauce for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350F and coat 9x9 pan with non stick pan release.
- Place butter in a microwave safe bowl and melt in microwave.
- Add sugar to melted butter and stir until sugar is thorougly mixed in butter.
- Add vanilla and eggs and stir until eggs are completely mixed in.
- Stir in cocoa, flour and salt until completely mixed.
- Pour brownie batter into prepared pan and bake for about 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick placed into the middle of brownies comes out with very few moist crumbs or clean.
- Allow to cool completely for about 1 hour before frosting with caramel buttercream.
- After brownies cool, frost with buttercream, drizzle with caramel sauce, and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Salted Caramel Buttercream
- Add room temperature butter to a large mixing bowl and beat on high, for about 2 minutes until creamy.
- With mixer on low, slowly add in caramel sauce.
- Add half of the confectioners sugar and beat until low until incorporated. Add the remaining confectioners sugar and mix on medium speed until all ingredients are thorougly mixed and buttercream is light and fluffy.
- Taste to see if you want to add more caramel sauce. I like mine with a strong caramel flavor.
- If buttercream is not at a spreadable consistency, add 1-2 Tbsp. of milk or half and half until buttercream is spreadable.
- When brownies are completely cool, frost brownies with buttercream, drizzle with caramel sauce and top with chocolate chips.